The Columbus City School Choice/Lottery is in full swing! As part of our Kenwood community, we need your help to spread the word and help promote our program. If you have relatives, neighbors or friends that are considering Ecole Kenwood French Immersion School, please pass along this important information.
Click here to view the important details about our school and French immersion programs, as well as opportunities to tour the facilities.
In addition, in the 2013-14 school year Ecole Kenwood plans to add a third kindergarten class, opening up more opportunities for incoming students to join our great school. The CCS School Choice/Lottery application period ends February 28, 2013.
Evening Tour: Monday, February 11, 2013
6:00 — 7:00 PM at Ecole Kenwood
Daytime Tours: every Wednesday morning and by appointment
Call (614) 365-5502 to schedule
Why Ecole Kenwood:
- Excellent rating from the Ohio Dept. of Education
- Students learn the same curriculum as all Columbus City Schools with academic instruction in French. Students do not need to know any French to enroll and parents do not need to speak French.
- Ecole Kenwood graduates have automatic placement into Columbus International School (7-12), an exciting new program that prepares students to interact and excel in an increasingly global community
- Wide range of cultural, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities enhance learning
- Our teachers! 70% are native French speakers, 60% have Master’s degrees, 30% have more than 10 years of experience
- Gifted and Talented program
- Active and supportive Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and a strong sense of community
- CCS Latchkey program is available on site before and after school
- Located in a quiet, safe neighborhood behind Riverside Methodist Hospital
Benefits of French Immersion:
- Intellectual growth
- French is spoken in 29 countries and by over 200 million people worldwide
- Young children who study a second language are far more likely to achieve fluency than adults or even older students.
- Cognitive flexibility
- Useful skills for an increasingly global community
- Cultural diversity
- Improved listening skills
- Increased opportunities in education, business and travel
- Enhanced creativity and problem solving